Wingham Preschool has been providing a high quality educational environment, that has been family and community centred since the service was established in 1976. The preschool has remained community owned and operated ever since it was opened over forty years ago. Educators work in partnership with families to support and further develop each child’s education and well-being. Families are respected, valued and encouraged to actively participate in the Preschool program.
Our beautiful bushland setting gives children a wonderful, natural environment to explore and develop in.
As a Community Based Preschool, all funds raised are reinvested into the educational program. Every child has access to new, current equipment that supports learning and development. The preschool service and equipment are continually being updated to make our environment an appealing, exciting place for children to learn and enjoy.
What Makes Us Special?
- Our caring, friendly, community atmosphere where you and your child will feel like you are valued and belong.
- Our natural bushland setting and amazing outdoor space which so much to explore and encourage your child to have many adventures with their friends.
- Our stimulating learning environment that will spark your child’s imagination. Your child will be challenged to think, question, experiment and explore.
- We offer a specialised educational program that is embedded in your child’s everyday learning. This includes music and language times, preparation for school and group skills. Individual objectives are set, that target your child’s learning and developmental needs. Always talk to us if you have concerns about your child.
- We have many opportunities for children to develop their creative art and craft skills with paint, mixed media, play-dough and clay, to support children to explore, experiment, imagine and create with.
- We teach and encourage your child to develop independence, self-help and self regulation skills.
- We practice and teach sustainability practices and respect, love and care for our environment.
- We maintain progressive documentation of your child’s interests and development. This includes detailed individual documentation that tells the story of your child’s learning with comprehensive links to the Early Years Learning Framework. This is a wonderful record for you to keep about your child’s progress and memorable moments experienced at Preschool.
The Preschool Staff
Our friendly, qualified and experienced Educators are committed to making Preschool a positive, learning environment for you and your child. We believe in meeting the needs of the whole child. Please feel free to discuss your child with any of the Educators who work with them.
Preschool Director (Nominated Supervisor) – Donna Stirrup – Bachelor of Education, Early Childhood
Classroom Team Leader (Certified Supervisor) – Alison Hopkins – Bachelor of Education, Early Childhood
Classroom Team Leader (Certified Supervisor) – Jemma Godfrey – Bachelor of Education, Early Childhood
Responsible Person – Nicole Beckingham – Diploma of Education (Dip Ed),
Educators – Donna Kidd – Dip Ed, Rebecca Cavanagh – Dip Ed, Prue Vaile – Dip Ed, Jo Toy – Dip Ed, Rebecca Berry – Dip Ed, Olivia Gray – Cert III, Abbey McKay – Cert III, Jo Neaves – Dip Ed, Jodie Nelson – Dip Ed.
Administration Assistant – Megan Bisley
Cleaner – –
Please note ALL of the teachers and Educators at Wingham Preschool are DoCS’ Mandatory Reporters.
“I just want to say that I really love my teachers, you are so kind and helpful and beautiful and you make this place so beautiful, it looks super special with all the decorations.”
“My son loves coming to preschool, always happy and never wants to leave. He’s learnt a lot from being here.”
“It’s lovely to see the children interact in such a beautiful space and of course the great teachers.”
“This preschool is such a great learning centre. This is reflected by seeing all the happy children.”
“Thank you for our wonderful school and educators. We are very blessed.”
“I wish I was five again, what a great place to come to, to grow and learn.”
“Thank you for another amazing year. Wingham Preschool is truly amazing and it was the best decision to send the kids there. I can’t believe our boy is off to school, but don’t worry, his brother will be at your door soon enough.”
“Thanks for being a part of my child’s learning journey over the past two years, you all made a huge imprint in his life and helped provide knowledge and support to who he is today. Your hard work will never go unnoticed.”